Each year, Kiawah Island Utility, Inc. publishes a water quality report that provides customers with information on water supply sources and treatment in addition to a summary of the water quality tests from the previous year. Customers are sent reports annually in June, but digital archives are below.
Water quality reports contain a lot of information that may seem overwhelming. What you can learn from your water quality report:
- The source of your water.
- If there is any USEPA regulation violation, it must be listed. If the report says that there isn’t a violation for a particular contaminant, the measurements are within safe limits.
- The levels of contaminants found in your drinking water.
- The likely source of any detected contaminants and the susceptibility of a water supply to potential contamination.
- The EPA Maximum Contaminant Levels (MCL). These are the levels at which certain contaminants are considered to be potentially harmful.